Itawamba Agricultural School was organized in 1920. The opening session of this institution was held during the 1921-22 school session and since that time, IAHS has been one of the largest high schools in the State of Mississippi. In 1941, the Board of Trustees expanded the curriculum to provide for two years of college. Plans for building and equipment to pursue college status were prepared, but a postponement to these plans was necessary because of the outbreak of World War II. In March 1948, the Board of Supervisors and county school boards of Lee and Monroe counties unanimously and harmoniously agreed to support the Itawamba Community College. A full freshman curriculum was offered for the first time during the 1949-50 session. Sophomore work was offered for the first time during the 1949-50 school term. Pontotoc County began supporting the school in 1972. Today, Itawamba Agricultural High School is one of only four agricultural high schools in the State of Mississippi. In August 1993, IAHS was relocated to the new campus one mile south of Fulton. IAHS has a rich academic and extracurricular history. At our new location, IAHS is committed to keeping our legacy while expanding opportunities for our students and the people of Itawamba County. On July 1,1997, IAHS became a part of the Itawamba County School District.