Counselors' Corner Home
Check Out These Scholarship Search Websites
Take the FREE Careers & Majors Quiz to find out your personality breakdown and the best major and career matches for you. Log on to the website https://www.cappex.com/colleges/majors
University of Mississippi Scholarship Deadlines- February 15, 2017 http://finaid.olemiss.edu/
Mississippi State University Scholarship Priority Deadline- December 1, 2017 http://www.admissions.msstate.edu/freshmen/money-matters
ICC Scholarship Application Deadline - April 1, 2017 https://www.iccms.edu/FinancialAid
forget to fill out the FAFSA
MTAG/MESG if you plan to
attend college during the 2017-2018 school year!
Don't forget to fill out the FAFSA and MTAG/MESG if you plan to attend college during the 2017-2018 school year!
1. Elks Most Valuable Student Scholarship - Deadline November 27, 2017
The Elks National Foundation will award 500 four-year scholarships to the highest-rated applicants in the 2017 competition. The 2017 Most Valuable Student scholarship contest is open to any high school senior who is a U.S. Citizen. Applicants will be judged on scholarship, leadership, and financial need. Please visit http://www.elks.org/scholars/scholarships/mvs.cfm for more information.
2. Luckyday Scholarship Program
The University of Mississippi Luckyday scholarship is based on both academic accomplishments and remaining financial obligations after grants and scholarships have been calculated. Scholarships range from $2,000-$5,000 per year. Students who receive the Luckyday Scholarship participate in the Luckyday Success Program, which provides mentoring, tutoring, networking, and leadership opportunities. In order to receive consideration, all interested students should submit an application to the University as well as select the Luckyday option when completing the University of Mississippi’s Entering Freshman Scholarship Application. For more information, call 662-915-6493 or visit the website at http://www.olemiss.edu/studentaffairs/luckyday. Apply using UM Special Program and Scholarship Application online.
3. Mississippi Excellence in Teaching Program (METP Scholarship) - December 1, 2017
MSU is proud to offer the METP Scholarship. This
innovative scholarship is designed to recruit and prepare teacher candidates for
the future of tomorrow’s education profession. Upon graduation, scholars
must teach in a MS public school for five years. Qualified applicants must
have a 28 or above on the ACT and a 3.5 overall GPA. For more information
and an application, visit
http://apply.msstate.edu/. Deadline is December 1, 2017. Apply online .
4. Foot Locker Scholar Athlete Scholarship - Deadline December 15, 2017
For the seventh consecutive year, Foot Locker will be
awarding incoming college freshmen $20,000 in scholarship funding to pursue a
4-year college degree—not because they scored the most touchdowns or goals, but
because sports have helped them grow into strong leaders at school and in their
communities. Applicants must currently be a member in good standing of a high
school sports team or be involved in afterschool sports. For more
information and an application, visit
https://footlockerscholarathletes.com. Deadline is December 15, 2017.
Apply online .
5. Mississippi Concrete High School Essay Contest - Deadline December 15, 2017
Mississippi Concrete High School Essay Contest - The top three winners of the essay contest will be awarded a scholarship to the college of their choice: 1st place - $500, 2nd place - $300, and 3rd place - $200.
• Open to Mississippi high school students between the ages 16-18 at the beginning of the
2017-2018 school year.
• Essay Prompt: How Can Concrete Be Used to Benefit Mississippians Across the State?
• Entry must be typed, double-spaced and must not exceed 600 words.
• Entry form must be included with the submitted essay and be postmarked no later than Friday, December 15, 2017.
See Mrs. Collier for entry forms and more information.
6. Burger King Scholars Program - Deadline December 15, 2017
Scholarship grants range from $1,000-$50,000 and are intended to help students offset the cost of attending college or post-secondary vocational/technical school. Recipients are selected based on their GPA, work experience, extracurricular activities and community service. Please visit http://www.bkmclamorefoundation.org/WhatWeDo/ScholarsProgram for more information.
*Applications will be available online beginning October 15, 2017.
7. ACT Student Champion Award - Deadline December 31, 2017
The ACT Student Champion Award recognizes one student in each state who is tenacious and persistent, no matter the challenge, and is prepared for life after high school with a goal in mind and plan in place.
· A student who has overcome challenges and can articulate education and career actions
· Students must have a composite ACT score of a 22 on a single test date or a 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale
· Preference will be given to underrepresented and/or first-generation college students.
Applications can be found at www.act.org/readinesschampions. Applications are due December 31, 2017, and champions will be notified on or before April 2, 2018.
8. GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program - Deadline January 4, 2018
High school seniors who demonstrate exceptional leadership,
drive, integrity, and citizenship are invited to apply for the 2017 GE-Reagan
Foundation Scholarship Program. This program annually provides
college-bound students with $10,000 renewable scholarships—up to $40,000 total
per recipient and supports then as they lead and serve in college and beyond.
Students must have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Additional information, eligibility requirements, and a link to the application
are available here:
www.reaganfoundation.org/education/scholarship-programs. Deadline is
January 4, 2018. Apply online .
9. Tupelo Elvis Presley Fan Club - Deadline February 14, 2018
This $5000 scholarship is available to all Mississippi residents who are enrolled as a high school senior graduating in 2018. Applicants must be attending a college or university, but are not required to enroll in a music program. For complete details and to download an application, please visit www.tupeloelvisfanclub.com/scholarships/.
10. 2018 MAS County Employee Scholarship Program - Deadline is March 1, 2018
· Must have an immediate family member currently working for or retired from a MS county (not a school district, county hospital, or separate entity).
· Minimum GPA of 2.5
· Application can be found at http://www.mssupervisors.org/scholarship-program
11. Nissan Scholarship - Deadline is March 1, 2018
Nissan North America, Inc. provides scholarship funds for
applicants that will attend a Mississippi public two year college or public four
year college. Applicants must have a min GPA of 2.5 and an ACT score of 20.
Applicants must also demonstrate financial need. For full details and to apply,
https://www.ms.gov/sfa/nissanEntry.jsp. Deadline is March 1, 2018.
Apply online .
12. Abbott & Fenner Scholarship Program - Deadline is June 14, 2018
Abbott & Fenner Business Consultants will award up to $1,000 to a winner for their scholarship program. Students will need to submit an essay (500-1000 words) on the topic that appears on the scholarship page of their website: www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm. This scholarship is open to Juniors and Seniors. Full details are available on their website.