Counselors' Corner Home
Check Out These Scholarship Search Websites
Take the FREE Careers & Majors Quiz to find out your personality breakdown and the best major and career matches for you. Log on to the website https://www.cappex.com/colleges/majors
University of Mississippi Scholarship Deadlines- February 15, 2017 http://finaid.olemiss.edu/
Mississippi State University Scholarship Priority Deadline- December 1, 2017 http://www.admissions.msstate.edu/freshmen/money-matters
ICC Scholarship Application Deadline - April 1, 2017 https://www.iccms.edu/FinancialAid
forget to fill out the FAFSA
MTAG/MESG if you plan to
attend college during the 2017-2018 school year!
Don't forget to fill out the FAFSA and MTAG/MESG if you plan to attend college during the 2017-2018 school year!
1. Luckyday Scholarship Program
The University of Mississippi Luckyday scholarship is based on both academic accomplishments and remaining financial obligations after grants and scholarships have been calculated. Scholarships range from $2,000-$5,000 per year. Students who receive the Luckyday Scholarship participate in the Luckyday Success Program, which provides mentoring, tutoring, networking, and leadership opportunities. In order to receive consideration, all interested students should submit an application to the University as well as select the Luckyday option when completing the University of Mississippi’s Entering Freshman Scholarship Application. For more information, call 662-915-6493 or visit the website at http://www.olemiss.edu/studentaffairs/luckyday. Apply using UM Special Program and Scholarship Application online.
2. 2018 MAS County Employee Scholarship Program - Deadline is March 1, 2018
· Must have an immediate family member currently working for or retired from a MS county (not a school district, county hospital, or separate entity).
· Minimum GPA of 2.5
· Application can be found at http://www.mssupervisors.org/scholarship-program
3. Nissan Scholarship - Deadline is March 1, 2018
Nissan North America, Inc. provides scholarship funds for
applicants that will attend a Mississippi public two year college or public four
year college. Applicants must have a min GPA of 2.5 and an ACT score of 20.
Applicants must also demonstrate financial need. For full details and to apply,
https://www.ms.gov/sfa/nissanEntry.jsp. Deadline is March 1, 2018.
Apply online .
4. 2018 Smile Scholarship - Deadline is March 20, 2018
2018 Smile Scholarship application available in Mrs. Collier’s office.
· 500-word essay on “What Makes ME Smile”
· Ranked in the upper ½ of class
· Good citizen
· Two letters of recommendation
Deadline March 20th.
5. Jason Ferguson Foundation Scholarship - Deadline is March 27, 2018
* Seeking graduating seniors with a record of volunteerism in the community in non-school sponsored activities and participation in extracurricular school activities.
* Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0, a total family annual income under $50,000, and plan to attend a 2 or 4-year college or technical school.
* Scholarship funds will be paid in August 2018 and January 2018 for the first semester of the student’s first year directly to the college and not to the student. It will be the student’s responsibility to submit to the Foundation at that time an invoice for first semester tuition and fees, student ID number and college information.
See Mrs. Collier for an application. Deadline March 27, 2018. Essay required.
6. John Collum Memorial Scholarship - Deadline is April 1, 2018
The John Collum memorial scholarship application is now available in the counselor's office. Due April 1st. Must be attending ICC to apply.
7. Ole Miss Opportunity - Deadline is April 1, 2018
Ole Miss Opportunity is awarded to:
• At least a 3.0 high school GPA
• Parents AGI $32,500 or less
• Awarded to first time/first year entering freshmen
• Must be Pell Eligible (Must submit FAFSA by March 1, 2018)
• Must complete Mississippi state aid application (RiseUp MS) by March 31, 2018
We only package OMO scholarships one day a year for new students, April 1st, so a student must be eligible by that one day. We only package OMO scholarships one day a year for new students, April 1st, so a student must be eligible by that one day.
*No limit on number of students. If a student meets all eligibility requirements, they will receive the scholarship. There is no application to fill out for the scholarship.
8. The Mississippi Municipal League Scholarship - Deadline is May 4, 2018
Seniors: Mississippi Municipal League Scholarship application available in Mrs. Collier’s office. Essay on “Why I Should Consider a Career in Municipal Government” required. See Mrs. Collier for more details.
9. The Montesi Scholarship - Deadline is May 30, 2018
The Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu, and Montesi Law Firm is offering a $2,500 scholarship at the end of the 2018 school year to a student enrolled in undergraduate schooling.
10. Abbott & Fenner Scholarship Program - Deadline is June 14, 2018
Abbott & Fenner Business Consultants will award up to $1,000 to a winner for their scholarship program. Students will need to submit an essay (500-1000 words) on the topic that appears on the scholarship page of their website: www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm. This scholarship is open to Juniors and Seniors. Full details are available on their website.
11. Law Office of Nancy L. Cavey Scholarship - Deadline is August 1, 2018
The Law Office of Nancy L. Cavey believes firmly in the importance of education and as a way to give back to the community they are offering a $1000 scholarship to an outstanding student.
Deadline: August 1, 2018
Award Amount: $1,000
Minimum GPA: 3.0
Application: The application and more scholarship details/requirements can be found at: http://caveylaw.com/scholarship-2018/.