Counselors' Corner Home
Check Out These Scholarship Search Websites
Take the FREE Careers & Majors Quiz to find out your personality breakdown and the best major and career matches for you. Log on to the website https://www.cappex.com/colleges/majors
University of Mississippi Scholarship Deadlines- January 5, 2017 (Priority) and February 15, 2017 (Final) http://finaid.olemiss.edu/
Mississippi State University Scholarhship Deadlines- December 1, 2016 http://www.admissions.msstate.edu/freshmen/money-matters/#scholarships
ICC Scholarship Application Deadline - April 1, 2017 http://iccms.edu/Default.aspx?tabid=129
To fill out ICC Scholarship Applications go to iccms.edu - click the financial aid tab - on the right hand side click scholarships at ICC - don't forget to scroll down to fill out private donor scholarships. See your high school counselor for assistance.
forget to fill out the FAFSA
MTAG/MESG if you plan to
attend college during the 2017-2018 school year!
Don't forget to fill out the FAFSA and MTAG/MESG if you plan to attend college during the 2017-2018 school year!
1. $500 DARE Scholarship - Deadline: March 24, 2017
Must have completed a DARE program in elementary school and have a 3.0 minimum GPA. See Mrs. Collier or Mrs. Wilemon for an application.
2. AEA Educational Foundation Scholarship Program - Deadline: April 2017
The AEA Educational Foundation has awarded more than $1.5 million to students seeking careers in the aircraft electronics and aviation maintenance industry. Numerous scholarships are available and range from $1,000 to more than $40,000. For full details and deadlines, please visit http://www.aea.net/educationalfoundation/scholarships.asp.
3. Tombigbee Counseling Association Scholarship - Deadline: April 1, 2017
· Must plan to major in Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work
· Must rank in upper ½ of class
· 18 or above on ACT
· Must be a good citizen
· Must show evidence of financial need
Applications available in Mrs. Collier’s office.
4. $1000 Women First Scholarship - Deadline: April 10, 2017
Must have 2.0 GPA and lost a first degree (mother, grandmother, sister, guardian) relative to breast cancer. See Mrs. Collier or Mrs. Wilemon for an application.
5. Mitch Wheeler Memorial Scholarship - Deadline: April 14, 2017
Application is available in the counselor’s office. Must have 2.5 GPA, attend ICC, and submit a short essay along with the application. Due April 14th.
6. Pilot Club of Fulton Community Service Award - Deadline: April 15, 2017
Application available in the counselor’s office. Due April 15th.
7. Maikhail Miller Memorial Scholarship - Deadline: April 15, 2017
Applications are available in Mrs. Collier's office. Must have 3.0 GPA and play more than one sport (band does count).
8. Pam Wheeler Lifetime of Achievement Scholarship - Deadline: April 15, 2017
Seniors attending ICC: Applications for the Pam Wheeler Lifetime of Achievement Scholarship are available in Mrs. Collier's office.
9. Matthew Turner Memorial Scholarship - Deadline: April 15, 2017
Students must have a 3.0 GPA, ACT of 16 or higher, and attend ICC.
10. Kelly W. Prestage Scholarship - Deadline: April 15, 2017
The application is now available in the counselor’s office for seniors attending ICC.
11. Senior Drama Scholarship - Deadline: April 21, 2017
To be eligible for drama scholarships, you must meet the following criteria:
* Have been in at least 2 full-length productions
* Maintained at least a 2.5 GPA
* Turned in a 3-5 page reflective essay on “How the Indian Players has impacted your life.” Please include a cover page and have correct grammar and punctuation. Please do not put your name in the essay. These will be read by other people and I want to keep it as objective as possible.
* Turn in reflective essay/application no later than APRIL 21. 2017
12. John Collum Memorial Scholarship - Deadline: April 28, 2017
Applications for the John Collum Memorial Scholarship are available in the counselor's office.
13. Abbott & Fenner Scholarship Program - Deadline: June 12, 2017
Abbott & Fenner Business Consultants will award up to $1,000 to a winner for their scholarship program. Students will need to submit an essay (500-1000 words) on the topic that appears on the scholarship page of their website: www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm. This scholarship is open to Seniors and Juniors. Full details are available on their website.
14. The Law Office of Nancy L. Cavey - Deadline: August 1, 2017
The Law Office of Nancy L. Cavey believes firmly in the importance of education. That's why they have decided to award a generous $1000 scholarship to a student of their choosing. Applicants must be either currently enrolled or accepted to a University in the United States, be able to provide an official school transcript or acceptance letter verifying their enrollment, and write an essay explaining their plans for their education.
Award Amount: $1,000
Minimum GPA: 3.0
Application: The application can be found at: http://www.caveylaw.com/scholarship/