Counselors' Corner Home
Check Out These Scholarship Search Websites
Take the FREE Careers & Majors Quiz to find out your personality breakdown and the best major and career matches for you. Log on to the website https://www.cappex.com/colleges/majors
University of Mississippi Scholarship Deadlines- February 15, 2017 http://finaid.olemiss.edu/
Mississippi State University Scholarship Priority Deadline- December 1, 2017 http://www.admissions.msstate.edu/freshmen/money-matters
ICC Scholarship Application Deadline - April 1, 2017 https://www.iccms.edu/FinancialAid
forget to fill out the FAFSA
MTAG/MESG if you plan to
attend college during the 2017-2018 school year!
Don't forget to fill out the FAFSA and MTAG/MESG if you plan to attend college during the 2017-2018 school year!
1. Tombigbee Counseling Association Scholarship - Deadline is May 1, 2018
The Tombigbee Counseling Association Scholarship is now available in your counselors office. You must be majoring in psychology, counseling, or social work. You must rank in the upper 1/2 of your graduation class and must have an ACT of 18 or above. You must also show evidence of financial need and write a one page essay.
2. The Mississippi Municipal League Scholarship - Deadline is May 4, 2018
Seniors: Mississippi Municipal League Scholarship application available in Mrs. Collier’s office. Essay on “Why I Should Consider a Career in Municipal Government” required. See Mrs. Collier for more details.
3. The Montesi Scholarship - Deadline is May 30, 2018
The Gatti, Keltner, Bienvenu, and Montesi Law Firm is offering a $2,500 scholarship at the end of the 2018 school year to a student enrolled in undergraduate schooling.
4. Walker Morgan Scholarship - Deadline is May 31, 2018
• Applicants must currently be enrolled in high school and plan to graduate before July 1, 2018, or be enrolled in college.
• Applicants must have a 2.5 GPA or higher.
• Applicants or direct family members must have been personally affected by an injury of some type.
Deadline: May 31, 2018
Award Amount: $2,500
Application: Only online applications will be accepted. The application can be found at https://www.walkermorgan.com/#scholarship-application.
5. Divorce Matters Scholarship - Deadline is May 31, 2018
This scholarship is available high school seniors and current college students who have either had parents go through a divorce or who have gone through a divorce themselves. Divorce Matters understands how difficult it can be to pay for college after being involved in a divorce and want to help someone afford a better education.
Here are some brief notes on this scholarship:
• $2,500 (One-time award)
• Due May 31, 2018
• Must be attending a 4-yr college/university or 2-yr community college for Fall 2018
• Incomplete or Late Applications will not be accepted
You can view the scholarship and other pertinent information here: https://www.divorce-matters.com/#divorce-scholarship
6. Abbott & Fenner Scholarship Program - Deadline is June 14, 2018
Abbott & Fenner Business Consultants will award up to $1,000 to a winner for their scholarship program. Students will need to submit an essay (500-1000 words) on the topic that appears on the scholarship page of their website: www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm. This scholarship is open to Juniors and Seniors. Full details are available on their website.
7. UEW Healthcare EEOICPA Scholarship - Deadline is July 31, 2018
This scholarship is available to any High School senior nationwide.
Deadline: July 31, 2018
Award Amount: $1000
8. Law Office of Nancy L. Cavey Scholarship - Deadline is August 1, 2018
The Law Office of Nancy L. Cavey believes firmly in the importance of education and as a way to give back to the community they are offering a $1000 scholarship to an outstanding student.
Deadline: August 1, 2018
Award Amount: $1,000
Minimum GPA: 3.0
Application: The application and more scholarship details/requirements can be found at: http://caveylaw.com/scholarship-2018/.